ONLINE SAFETY AGREEMENT FORM
Complete and send the form below.
A copy of the form can be downloaded Online Safety Agreement Form >>
The overall goal of the school in this matter is to create and maintain a safe online culture which is in keeping with the values of the school, as well as legislative and professional obligations. This agreement includes information about obligations, responsibilities, and the nature of possible consequences associated with online safety breaches.
The school’s computer network, internet, computers and other online school equipment are for educational purposes appropriate to the school environment. This applies whether the IT equipment is owned or leased either partially or wholly by the school, and used on or off the school site, or owned by the student.
As a safe and responsible user of IT I will help keep myself and others safe by following these rules:-
1. I cannot use school IT hardware or network until I have read and signed this online safety agreement.
2. I will log on only with my username supplied by Birkenhead College. I will not allow anyone else to use my user name.
I will not tell anyone else my password.
3. I understand that while at school or on a school-related activity I must not at any time use ICT to upset, offend, harass, threaten, or in any way harm anyone or put them at risk, including the school itself, even if it is meant as a joke. I understand that the rules in this use agreement apply to all digital devices, including mobile phones.
4. While at school, I will not:
5. If I accidentally access inappropriate material, I will:
6. I understand that I must not download any copyrighted files such as music, videos, games, programs or images. This ensures that the school complies with the Copyright Act 1994. I also understand that anyone who infringes copyright may be personally liable under this law. I understand that anyone who wilfully infringes copyright will be dealt with through the College’s disciplinary system.
7. I will be cautious about giving out any personal information (including photos) about myself online. I will not give out personal information about anybody else without their express permission. Personal information includes name, address, email address, phone numbers, photos and other identifiers.
8. I will respect all lT systems in use at school and treat all IT equipment/devices with care. This includes:
9. I understand that if I use the name of Birkenhead College in a manner that may cause offence or embarrassment to the school I may be held accountable for any damage caused, even if I do this out of school hours. The matter may be dealt with by the school, or referred to the NZ Police.
10. I understand that the school may monitor traffic and material sent and received using the school’s IT network. The school may also audit its computer network, including visited internet sites, stored files and mobile devices.
11. I understand there will be consequences for infringement of these rules including any or all of the following:
I have read and understood my responsibilities, and agree to abide by the conditions above. I know that if I breach this agreement there may be serious consequences.