HELP WITH SUBJECT CHOICES
Today's society is changing rapidly and so is the range and requirements of careers. It is important for students to prepare themselves so that their options will be as wide as possible. To do this, students need to follow a few guidelines -
• Keep your options open - choose a spread of subjects.
• Do something you like and in which you are interested.
• Do something you know you are good at.
• Discuss your options with your parents, teachers, Dean.
• Consider the subjects you may wish to study in future.
• You may have a career in mind. Check you are on the right path with the Careers Adviser or from the Careers Database in R2.
• If you have any questions about the subject or you are uncertain about your ability to complete the year's work, talk to the Head of Department and Dean
• Many subjects for senior School have prerequisites, i.e. subjects or grades you must achieve before you are permitted to take the subject. Make sure you have these prerequisites before you enrol for the subject. If you are unsure, see your Dean or the Head of Department of the subject.
WHAT ABOUT HOMEWORK?
• Junior School - Year 9 &10 .... about 1 hour/night
• Senior School - Year 11, 12 & 13 .... 2 or more hours/night
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM STUDENTS?
• to be courteous, trustworthy, reliable, caring and respectful
• to be committed to achieving academic success
• to be committed to discovering and developing all their talents
• to respect and care for the school environment